This goes out to the fifth graders (especially Jacey) who have patiently waited for a good Cadenism story. I finally came up with a couple of new ones:
1. He was telling me about his school day, and mentioned ‘workshop.’ He said, “I’ll tell you what workshop means. Well…you do work, but don’t exactly shop. That’s workshop.”
2. He calls his student teacher Ms. Seal, Ms. Sea Lion. Always…he consistently refers to her as Ms. Sea Lion. I asked him tonight if she liked that, and he said “Well….probably not so much.”
3. He discovered his first loose tooth today, and said he wanted it to come out ‘automatically’ when his dad offered to take it out with pliers.
4. He went up to the snack bar at the Great Wolf Lodge and said “I’ll have a draft beer, please!” I think he thought it was some kind of rootbeer.
5. “Mom, how many days is coming soon?”
“What?” I asked, What is coming?”
“No, how many days is coming soon?”
“I don’t know what you are talking about if you don’t tell me what is coming.”
“No! Angry Birds Space is ‘coming soon.’ How many days is that?”
If you enjoyed these, there are older stories posted on my blog.